Practice Area and Credentials
Infrastructure, Real Estate & Construction
Our lawyers are intimately familiar with all aspects of infrastructure, real estate development and construction projects. We are able to assist with all legal and contract issues throughout the entire development phase of greenfield and brownfield projects and throughout the full life-cycle of a project
Specifically, our range of expertise includes land clearance and land title matters, project development agreements and project legal due diligence, construction contracts, construction management and architectural services agreements, joint venture agreements, commercial leases, O&M agreements, regulatory matters, and exits.
Our team’s experience includes advising
- A Hong Kong developer on a USD450 million real estate development joint venture in Long An Province, including joint venture matters, site clearance issues, levelling agreements, mine sweeping arrangements, and architectural design contracts.
- German House, advising the developer on all aspects of a unique USD110 million public private partnership project between the Vietnamese Government and the German Government comprising a 25-story office tower in Ho Chi Minh City, home of the General Consulate of Germany.
- Dragon Capital on a Vietnam focused real estate development joint venture with Sakkara and GIC Singapore.
- The French Government on the development of the Annex of the French Institute in Ho Chi Minh City, a public private partnership for the redevelopment of former school.
- The developer of the so-called Friendship Tower, a 21,000 sqm, 21 storey office building in the central business district of Ho Chi Minh City, on the development, construction, financing and leasing arrangements for the project.
- Daiwa House on the development of factories for lease in Vietnam, including contract arrangements and commercial leases.
- A Korean developer on its tender proposal for a US$1billion residential-for-sale, office & hotel, mixed-use development project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Sumitomo Corporation on its joint venture industrial park development Thang Long Industrial Park II, including land acquisition and joint venture arrangements in Hanoi.
- Sojitz Corporation on its acquisition of an 88% stake in Long Duc Industrial Park, one of the largest industrial parks in South Vietnam.
- Daibiru on the acquisition of the Cornerstone Building in Hanoi from Vietnam International Bank.
- Harbinger on its financing of the Ho Tram Project, a mixed-use entertainment and casino facility in Ho Tram, southern Vietnam.
- The Duxton Hotel (now Saigon Prince) on a management contract for its e-gaming centre.
- The Sofitel West Lake Hotel in Hanoi on a management arrangement and licensing requirements for its bar and entertainment area.
- A Russian-invested resorts developer on its divestment of multiple real estate portfolios, including villas and apartments, in Khanh Hoa Province.
- Changi Airports on the proposed joint venture airport expansion project in relation to Thua Thien – Hue Airport, Vietnam
- The lenders and agent on the restructuring of a USD200 million facility for a port project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- KEXIM on the refinancing of a facility for the construction of a BTO highway in Ho Chi Minh City.
- A European mobile operator on its proposed USD300 million investment in Viettel, Vietnam’s largest mobile operator.
- A Hong Kong based private equity fund on its proposed USD250 million investment in Saigon Telecom and on Saigon Telecom’s bid for 4G spectrum.
- VimpelCom – on its investment, and subsequent divestment, in GTEL Mobile Joint Stock Company, the Vietnamese operator of Beeline