Practice Area and Credentials
Asia Counsel is one of the few firms in Vietnam with a focused expertise in advising start-ups, entrepreneurs, venture capital firms and investors operating in novel technology industries.
Asia Counsel has further pursued this niche in its capacity as the legal partner of the Vietnam Innovative Startup Accelerator (VIISA) program established by Dragon Capital, Hanwha and FPT and of the Founder Institute in Vietnam. In advising dynamic companies in the areas of technology and digital services, Asia Counsel has taken an innovative approach in playing a role in the development of future industries and exciting companies in Vietnam and the wider region..
Our team’s experience includes advising
- Topica an online education provider, on each of its Series B, Series C, Series D and Series D+ financing rounds.
- Up Co-Working, an operator of co-working spaces in Vietnam, on its USD15 million Series A investment by Northstar including its inversion under a Sinagpore holding company.
- Pharmacity on its Series A and Series B financing from Mekong Capital and other minority investors.
- Sequoia Capital on its investment in Trusting Social.
- Mobile World Group a listed consumer electronics retailer in Vietnam on the acquisition of Tran Anh electronics.
- Tima, a P2P lending platform, on its Series A round as well as operational and structuring matters.
- F88, a payday loan company on its Series B financing.
- ELSA Now, a language app, on structuring of its operations in Vietnam including its inversion under a US holding company.
- Lixibox, a start-up retailer of cosmetic products in Vietnam, on structuring of its group operations including its inversion under a US holding company.
- MimosaTEK, a farming technology company, on its Seed investment by Captii, including its inversion under a Singapore holding company.
- Mango Insurtech, a fintech start-up providing insurance technology solutions in Vietnam, on its series seed round and inversion under a Singapore holding company.
- Hiip, an influencer platform, on its KISS and SAFE investment rounds, as well as the Pre-Series Seed investment round by, among others, Expara and 500 Startups, including its inversion under a Singapore holding company.
- UIZA, a streaming technology start-up in Vietnam, on its Series Seed round.
- Dalat Hasfarm, on its investment in Hoa Yeu Thuong, an operator of an online flower delivery portal in Vietnam.Shutta, a photo app (and App of the month in 2015) on its series Seed and establishment of a Vietnam subsidiary.
- Shareholders in iCare Benefits Asia and their Singapore inversion.
- LogiVan, on its inversion under a Singapore holding company.
- Beeketing, a marketing platform for online stores, on its series A financing.
- VI Group on the sale of its 10% interest in Gemadept Corporation, a listed company on the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange to Sumitomo Corporation for approximately USD37 million.
- JWD Infologistics Public Company, a listed Thai logistics company on its acquisition of a 24% stake in Transimex Corporation, a listed logistics company on the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange. The deal involved complex structuring given the foreign ownership cap in the logistics sector.
- SIG Susquehanna on its investment in iCare Benefits Asia.
- Yellow Mobile on its minority acquisition of Websosanh and Cleverads.
- LeFlair, an online fashion retail platform, on its series A financing.
- Lozi, a social network platform, on its series A financing.
- Shutta, a video and photo sharing platform, on its seed financing.
- Sentifi, winner of the Swiss start-up of the year, on its ESOP arrangements.